Safety around your home or workplace
Follow these handy tips to ensure the safety of yourself and others around your home or workplace:
- Immediately report and remain clear of any electrically conductive surfaces including taps and showers if you experience a shock.
- Keep cords in good condition, making sure you replace any that are frayed or brittle.
- Fix broken switches or power points (and keep them covered until repaired).
- Keep portable appliances like radios, heaters, phones and hairdryers away from the shower or bath.
- Switch off and unplug any appliances that cause you to feel a tingle when touched and refrain from using taps and showers until assessed as safe by an electrical tradesperson.
- Make sure no spray cleaners or solvents are sprayed on switches or sockets.
- Switch off an appliance before it’s unplugged.
- Ensure all electrical appliances are double insulated or earthed.