Graduate Development Programs with SA Power Networks and Enerven
As a graduate you want a varied career, with new challenges and an exciting path ahead.
Great experiences play an important part. Our graduate development programs offer you experiences that you can’t get elsewhere in South Australia. You’ll be joining at an exciting time – we’re currently at the centre of an energy revolution, leading the way in the shift to green energy.
As one of South Australia’s biggest employers, we offer excellent pay and conditions, an incredible range of training and development opportunities, and an inclusive culture that empowers you to build a great career and contribute in a meaningful way to our community.
An exciting time in energy
Your contribution will be crucial as we empower South Australia through our leadership role in the State’s green energy transition:
- Help drive achievement of our state’s goal of net-100% renewable energy by 2030
- Develop solutions that meet the changing way customers want to make, use and store energy
- Help build network resilience to increasingly severe weather events and build network resilience
- Innovate to enhance our efficiency, sustainability and customer service.
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace, and proudly support a growing number of female, mature age, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander graduates.
Our two and three-year graduate development programs in Engineering and Innovation & Technology include multiple rotations across various teams, including our subsidiary, Enerven. Enerven build and maintain major electrical infrastructure across the country, giving you the opportunity to work on large, national-scale projects, ranging from solar and wind farms, Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS), the transmission network, and more. They provide an outstanding foundation as you develop your career, and as a bonus, all programs offer the option to undertake a project management qualification. You’ll also benefit from professional development courses such as creative problem solving, negotiation, leadership and diversity in the workplace.
At the end of your program you’ll have a better understanding of what you like doing, what you’re good at, and what it’s like to fail when trying out new ideas (the best way to learn). You’ll also know how great it feels to succeed while having a whole load of fun along the way.
There are many ways to get involved and learn new skills – beyond your ‘day job’.
- Be an ambassador - by attending events and careers fairs
- Build your skills - by presenting at meetings and participating in promotional activities
- Develop your professional brand - by attending industry events
- Give back - by volunteering in one of our many community initiatives.
Your work connections and shared experiences really matter, and our graduates support each other in many different ways.
As a graduate, you will be able to connect through regular graduate social and networking events, and focus groups. You’ll also be able to connect with graduate alumni and leaders of the business through our buddy and mentor programs.
What do our graduates say?
There’s no substitute for hearing from others who have benefitted from our programs. The videos below will give you an idea of what it’s like working at SA Power Networks.
Meet Ken - IT Graduate
Meet Emily - Recent Engineering Graduate
What are the eligibility criteria?
All applicants must:
- Have completed a degree in a relevant discipline, preferably within the past three years, or are working towards graduating by the time the program commences.
- Be Australian citizens or permanent residents
- Hold a current Australian driver’s licence (full or probationary)
- Be willing to undergo a medical (including drug and alcohol test) and a police check.
How do I apply?
Applications for the Graduate Development Programs open in March each year and will be advertised under Current Vacancies. If no vacancy is listed, use the ‘Search for jobs’ box at the top of the Current Vacancies page, then click ‘Send me jobs like these’ to receive notification once applications open.
Top graduate employer
SA Power Networks has been
Engineering Graduate Development Program
Find out more about our Engineering Graduate Development Program.
Innovation and Technology Graduate Development Program
Find out more about our IT Graduate Development Program.