If you experience loss or damage to your property or possessions and you believe it was caused by an issue with your power supply (such as voltage fluctuations, or an event or fault on our network), or it is due to our business activities, you may be eligible for compensation.
We may provide you with compensation to assist with recovering the cost of repairing or replacing damaged property or items lost under the following circumstances:
- Incorrect action, poor conduct or acts of negligence, or bad faith by us.
- Avoidable failure or incorrect operation of our equipment.
We do not compensate for loss or damage caused by events or circumstances outside our control, including:
- damage caused by you or by a fault on your electrical installation
- impact on supply caused by a falling tree or part of a tree (unless the tree was located inside the prescribed clearance zone around powerlines)
- interference by birds or animals
- motor vehicles, farm machinery or excavators impacting our equipment
- lightning, storms, wind-borne debris
- events caused by pollution
- power interruptions for planned work
- any third-party interference to the power system.
Making a claim
- Download and complete a hardcopy of the Claim Form 487KB PDF.
- Return the form (and any documents that reasonably support your claim) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
SA Power Networks
GPO Box 77
Adelaide SA 5001
Keep any affected electrical and non-perishable items until your claim has been fully assessed. Photos of spoiled food or lost stock are also helpful.
What happens after I submit a claim?
We’ll let you know when we’ve received your claim as soon as possible, but no later than five working days.
We aim to provide an outcome to your claim within 20 working days, however some claims that are more complex may take longer to assess. If so, we’ll keep you updated on the likely time frame for a response.
For further information, please refer to the covering information of the Claim form 487KB PDF.
Need more help? Contact us on 13 12 61 during business hours.