Report an emergency or hazard
Fallen, low hanging or damaged powerlines
Fallen, low-hanging or damaged powerlines are dangerous and should not be touched or approached under any circumstances. Always assume powerlines are live and keep yourself and others well clear. Report the fault to us immediately on 13 13 66. We are available 24/7.
Vehicle collision with a stobie pole, powerline or light column
- If the powerline is in contact with the vehicle, occupants should stay in the vehicle until help arrives
- Don't approach or attempt to rescue people trapped in a vehicle in contact with powerlines or allow others to do so
- Stay at least a bus length (10 metres) away and do not touch fallen or low hanging powerlines or equipment
- Call 000, then call us on 13 13 66 immediately.
If you believe your life is threatened by staying in the vehicle, for example because of a fire:
- open the door
- avoid touching the ground and the car at the same time
- jump clear, landing with both feet together
- shuffle away with small steps, making sure you keep both feet on the ground at all times.
Shocks or tingles
If you see any damaged electrical equipment such as a leaning pole, crooked cross-arm or a pole, or 'boxes' on poles without a lid, call 13 12 61 during business hours or in an emergency call 13 13 66