Small embedded generation
Application to install Inverters with a total capacity no greater than 30kVA.
What is the process?
- Explore needs, present options and get customer agreement to proceed with application for small embedded generation
- Complete the application online in SmartApply. Have the NMI, meter number, customer and system details handy,
- SmartApply will auto-approve the application, provided you have met all technical and compliance requirements. A copy of the approval and connection offer will be emailed to your customer
- Prepare for the installation by checking specific equipment guides
- Install and commission the equipment inline with all technical and compliance requirements
- Using SmartInstall, close out the installation. You have now completed the approval requirements
Installing a Flexible Exports system? Read the installer information explained here
What you need to know to ensure DER compliance
Technical standards and useful links
Understand our technical standards and useful links associated with small embedded generation.
About your approval
Find out more surrounding your small embedded generation approval.
SA Power Networks as relevant agent
Small embedded generation SA Power Networks as relevant agent
Model standing offer terms and conditions
Small embedded generation terms & conditions
Frequently asked questions
Yes, users will retrieve sites via SmartInstall with an NMI and meter number. All sites with a valid NMI and meter number will be retrievable by any registered user.
Yes, the eCoC is a regulated document required by the South Australian Government.
Check which browser you are using. Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome are the most user friendly.