Supported technologies as a Relevant Agent
SA Power Networks as a Relevant Agent
This update follows Industry News - Embedded generation to be installed after 28 September 2020.
From Monday 28 September 2020, SA Power Networks will be listed as a Relevant Agent for the following technologies:
Inverters – The following internet connected inverter makes are compatible with SA Power Networks’ Relevant Agent service:
- Redback Technologies
- Alpha ESS
Demand Response Enabling Devices (DRED) - DRED connected to the inverter’s Modbus or DRM interface enabling the inverter to be compliant with the new requirements. The following internet connected DREDs are compatible with SA Power Networks’ Relevant Agent service:
- SwitchDin - Droplet
- Mondo - Ubi
- WattWatchers - Auditor 6M
Refer to the DRED provider for a list of compatible inverters.
Aggregation platforms – Aggregation platform providing fleet management of compatible internet connected inverters. The following aggregation platforms are compatible with SA Power Networks’ Relevant Agent service:
- Greensync – internet connected GoodWe, Growatt, Sungrow inverters via the Greensync deX platform
Refer to the aggregation provider for a list of compatible inverters.
SCADA - Suitable for any electricity generating plants with an export capacity of more than 200kW connected to SA Power Network’s SCADA system.
SA Power Networks will continue to support the industry with efficient pathways to meet the Smarter Homes requirements. We may add to our supported technologies over the coming weeks, please check the State Government website for the latest list of approved technologies SA Power Networks supports.
What SA Power Networks offers as an Agent:
- A simple way to appoint a Relevant Agent
- This service at no cost to customers with supported technology
- The capabilities and experience to manage solar PV curtailment
How to nominate SA Power Networks as an Agent:
- When completing the solar application form, select SA Power Networks as the Relevant Agent along with a supported technology
- As part of installation, ensure the system is connected to the internet and the technology provider's online portal in accordance with the technology provider’s installation instructions
- When completing the eCoC, select SA Power Networks as the Relevant Agent along with the supported technology